Sophie the Giraffe is one of the world's favourite baby teethers from France. Trusted by celebrities and mothers worldwide, millions of Sophies have been sold worldwide since 1961. Handmade in the French Alps using natural rubber from the Hevea Tree and decorated using non-toxic food-quality paint, Sophie is BPA & Phthalates-free, and complies with safety requirements ASTM F963. Sophie is still traditionally produced today, by Vulli, which is based in Rumilly in the Haute-Savoie Region of France.
She is made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea Tree. The process of creating her involves more than 14 manual operations and is still a secret, jealously guarded by the company.
Sophie Giraffe features:
- Made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea tree
- Natural Rubber is soft, safe & non-toxic for baby to teethe & chew.
- Lightweight & easy to grasp for tiny hands.
- Painted with non-toxic, food-grade paints.
- Stimulating to baby’s senses with her soft colours & gentle squeak.
- Bumpy head helps soothe sore, teething gums.
- Sophie makes an amusing squeak when squeezed - such fun for a baby!
- Slender, flexible & soft - babies love manipulating & teething Sophie.
- Sophie the Giraffe is Phthalate-Free with No Vinyl (no-PVC)!
- Born in France in 1961, Sophie the Giraffe is a classic!
- 18cm tall
- Suitable from birth +
Why Sophie the Giraffe has been such a huge success?
Sophie the Giraffe is baby's ideal first toy, stimulating each of the senses -
Sight: At the age of 3 months, a baby's eyesight is still limited and he can only make out high contrasts. The dark and contrasting attention-catching spots all over Sophie the Giraffe's body provide visual stimulation and she soon becomes a familiar and reassuring object for baby.
Hearing: Sophie the Giraffe's squeaker keeps baby amused and stimulates his hearing. To begin with, the funny sound Sophie makes when she is squeezed helps to stimulate baby's hearing, and then later, helps him to understand the link between cause and effect..
Taste: Sophie the Giraffe is made of 100% natural rubber and food paint, and is completely safe to chew, just like a feeding bottle teat. Her soft texture and numerous chewable parts (ears, horns, legs), make her perfect for soothing baby's sore gums during teething.
Touch: Touch is the first means a baby has of communicating with the outside world. Sophie the Giraffe's soft feel, like baby's mother's skin, stimulates physiological and emotional responses that soothe baby and promote healthy growth and well-being.
Smell: The singular scent of natural rubber from the Hevea tree makes Sophie the Giraffe very special and easy for your child to identify amid all his other toys.
Easy to grip: Sophie the Giraffe's shape and 18cm size are perfect for baby's small hands. She is very light, and her long legs and neck are easy for baby to grip, even from their earliest days.